From:
Brian Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:19:54 -0400
Hi all;

It seems I only ever write with bad news...

Sometime last night my beloved Caine had a stroke, it seems.  I found her
this morning basically comatose.  She snapped out of that by the time we
got her into a vet (her own vet wouldnt take her!  is there a place I can
report him?) and he did a few tests and said, that indeed, she suffered a
stroke.

He said we could treat it with some steroids if we wanted to see how she
would react and I agreed.

He left the room and while he was gone she tried to curl herself into a
ball and she just couldnt do it, she looked up at me and I knew at that
point she was already gone.

When the vet came back I asked him to put her down.

It was the most awful thing, but I know somewhere in my little broken heart
I did the right thing.

She is buried in my mom and dads backyard next to the ferret they lost in
May, Emmy.  Emmy and Caine used to play together so its fitting that they
are buried next to each other.

I put a picture of Caine up if you'd like to see how she looked.

Bless you all

Brian Wood
Ferndale, Michigan

p.s. Cain's pic is at www.bearclaws.net/ub/caine.jpg