From:
131A20000-MillhamBDDR801041 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1993 10:18:51 -0500
From:    Bill Gruber <BIGCU@CUNYVM>

> Anyhow, I let the critters run free.  They've already gotten into everything
> they're gonna get into and I think they really, REALLY appreciate having the
> run of the house.  Of course, I always have to be alert for new things that
> might hurt them, but it's all second-nature by now.  And it's fun to have
> them run to the door and greet me when I come home. (Actually, they aren't
> *really* greeting me, they are trying to get out the door and into the foyer
> because they think doing so is a great game and ticks me off.  They're right,
> of course).

Mine also run free, and they usually greet me at the door also.  They are
real good about not trying to go out the door, which is a good thing
since it leads right outside.  It is sometimes hard to tell it they are
greeting me, or if they hope that I have a new bag for them to play in.

Since Pepper died, I've noticed that Kitty is becoming more social than
he was before.  Before I got Pepper, Kitty would very occasionally play
with me, and he would rarely chuckle.  In the last few weeks, he has
been real insistant that I play with him, and he's real noisy about it
too.  He has even climbed into my lap for short petting sessions, something
that he NEVER did before.  I haven't noticed any change in Ferrah, but
she has always been fairly social anyways.

Brian, Kitty, Ferrah, Fletch, and Buddy