From:
Celeste Jacob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:38:10 -0300
Hi Robert,

>The couch is beyond repair, it was fairly old and raunchy to begin with,
>this is just it's death sentence, that's all :)  But the carpet is a big
>big problem, imagine a dump spot 6" x 3', highly concentrated.  Its bad,
>bad enough that I'd like to use a gas mask while in my small apartment.
>I've been using nature's miracle to try and soak up the urine, but I've
>never had such a large area or such concentration.  It does work, but
>slowly.  The smell is enough to make one nausous (sp).  So, any tips at
>all on how to remove such an 'accident' spot?

Well this is a messy problem, but one that can certainly be dealt with.  We
rented a house once in Oregon and at the time our Pig, Rosie, lived in the
house, as well as our dog (who still does), and they both had accidents in
the same spot ...  more than once, too.  It soaked right through to the
wood and smelled pretty bad, despite our trying to clean it topically.
It was a very nice and fairly new house, and we held ourselves TOTALLY
responsible for the damage, as any decent tenant should!  Just before we
moved out, we found a guy who installed carpet.  For $50 he came over and
matched the color of the carpet (usually very difficult to do), and cut
away and removed the old carpet and pad, and replaced it WITHOUT A SEAM!
**(Before he lays the new carpet, you can try to clean up and/or treat the
wood floor underneath if you wish.)**

It took him about an hour and when he was done, we were blown away at the
result!  You COULD NOT tell there was a seam anywhere!  He was able to get
the knap going the same way and everything.  Our landlord never knew a
thing.  Look in your phone book under carpet installation and call around
for prices and info on this.  It is so amazing and will surely solve your
problem.  Good luck!

Celeste, Dusty & Ferris
(The Dooks of Hazard)