Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 16:14:35 -0700
    I wrote several weeks ago about my beloved fuzzy Kaylar.  I had asked
for advice on physical therapy.  Well, It seems another problem has come up
with her.  Actually it's an old one that has gotten worse.  She keeps
losing weight.  I had read all the posts on dietary supplaments, and have
been feeding her Gerber chsicken & nutrastat.  However she still seems to
be lossing weight.  She currently weighs about a poun and a quarter, maybe
as much as a pound and a half (just a little more than a pound of butter.
Sorry i dont have a scale, so thats my best guess.) She is sixteen and a
half inches nose to butt, and a bag of bones.  I have been able to get her
to eat about two ounces of food a day, then she just turns her nose up.  I
am wondering if this may be caused by her injury (she broke her neck at the
4th vertabre, and permanently damaged the disk), and also wanted to know
about how many callories a healthy ferret her size should have in a day.
I'm at my witts end, I have even confined her to the bottom 2 levels of her
4 level cage to see if she might be using up an excess of energy going up
and down.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Stormy