From:
Thomas Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 02:00:46 -0800
Howdy Ya'll!
Hope everyone is enjoying their week, mine just started.  I drive to my
boyfriends house every weekend, he lives about an hour and a half from me,
and my car blew a head gasket up there, so I just got back to Charlotte
today!  Well when I got to work today, there was another ferret cage in the
critter room, well on Friday I sold the two "adult" ferrets to a lady who
had really wanted a kit, so I thought that the baby in the cage was on of
them, well it turns out that it is a rescue ferret!  A little girl sat
outside a beeper store and watched the ferret for 45 minutes to see if
anyone was coming to get it, they didn't so she took it!  It was the coldest
night of the year here in NC over the weekend!  Poor baby ferret!  Well her
mom wouldn't let her keep it so she brought it to us at the store.  Well it
turns out that the baby does have a cold and is all congested.  What makes
me mad besides the fact that someone would do that,(they left the baby
ferret in a birds nest outside a beeper store!!!) is the pet store managers!
They are not ferret people, I am the only ferret person that works there,
well they said they are going to keep him seperate then in a few days put
him in with the other babies to sell for $150!!!  They didn't have to pay
for him at all!!  I want to rescue this sweetie!  He is only 6 weeks old
barely!  He is very tiny like a kit not malnurished (sp) at all and seems to
sleep a lot!  I am pretty sure it is just a cold!  BUT, I don't think it is
right for them to sell him as if he came right from MF!  Although we are
pretty sure he is a MF, but still it doesn't seem right!

Well on to happier things!  Over the weekends I always take the fuzzies with
me since the alpha ferret is Lyles (my boyfriend) anyway, it was so cute
cause in his apartment he has a kitchen "area" and alpha ferret (his) would
run after him whenever he stepped into the kitchen!  She would beg him to
pick her up so that she could see what he was eating or drinking!  She even
got desperate and climbed up his leg!!!  She never acts like that here!
Does anyone out there have a ferret that begs like a dog?  Looks up at you
with sad little eyes???

Well if anyone remembers I bought the cinnamon that got returned for biting,
well......I see why she returned her!  She is a biter HARD!  But being the
ferret person that I am I can take it!  Yeah right!  We are working on her!
The amazon as my mom calls her!  I am gonna try swamps method!  :)

So I do have a ?  The big one (Alpha ferret) has lost some weight.  I
recently changed them over to ferret food, you know mixing it with the
kitten food so they get used to eating the ferret food too.  Well I know
that she is eating but ever since they have gone to ferret food she has lost
all of her weight (excess weight) and she seems to be more playful!  I
assume that this means that the ferret food is good for her and is making
her heathier, but I just wanted some fed-back!  The food is Sheppard and
Greene!  They have lots of good ferret stuff!

Thanks in advance!

Monica and the three nameless ferrets!
Lyle and I decided that since we never use the names Fruitloop or Applejax
in anyway for them that we would try to come up with new ones that really
fit!  I am heading to the name list!!