From:
"Andrea M. Garza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 13:22:40 -0700
It finally happened in my house.  My ferrets are officially "carpet sharks".
Zero stared digging up the carpet by the door that leads to the forbiden
laundry room.  Faya discoverd the hole, and has helped Zero pluck carpet
fibers.  Now the dogs want to get into the action.  <Sigh> I guess it's time
to buy plastic carpet runners, etc.!  Bitter apple has kept them from
digging further, for the time being.

In addition, Faya has turned out to be a stubborn little one, and will not
stay out of the fire place!  It's her preferred litter box!  Gives new
meaning to the name, "black footed ferret"!  Zero learned fireplace=bath,
and stays out.  Faya hates baths, but doesn't seem to care!  So, now it's
off to find a glass fireplace screen to put up.  All we have now is one of
those metal screens that's attached to the fireplace, and opens like a
curtain.  This morning Faya crawled up into the chimney!!  That freaked me
out!  Wish me luck on my quest for a firplace screen.  This time of year, in
Arizona, I'm sure we'll be hard pressed to find any place with a stock of
fireplace accessories at a reasonable price!  *%$#!@ ferrets!!  :) Any
suggestions for ferret proofing the fireplace, besides a screen?  (We may
end up having to wait until winter to get one)

I have to offer my condolences to all of you who have lost ferrets to
accident, illness or old age.  My heart goes out to you.  I have cried as I
read your stories for the past couple of days.  It's so hard to lose a pet.

Andrea Garza
Zero the mellow and Faya the black footed ferret.