From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 01:20:06 -0500
Heather Moore asked about reaching the AFA:
(301)663-6616.  There isn't currently an email to really reach the AFA
but this is going to change real soon.  A web page is also on line but
unfinished.  As I have time I will be working on this along with several
others.  I can forward an email on to the AFA but it isn't a preferred
way to reach them.

Anna asked about her rotties and ferrets:
Dogs and ferrets can get along well.  Our shepherd is a bit high strung
for the ferrets but I've had other dogs that got along well with the
ferrets.  The accidental step is probably the biggest worry but animals
seem to sense when they need to be gentle with other animals - if your
puppies can start seeing ferrets as other living equals they'll get along
fine.  Puppies sometimes take a while to learn this though.

Laura asked about yellowing fur in albinoes:
Might have been me.  Totally ferret does seem to yellow white ferrets and
the poultry fat is suspected.  Iams is what we use for our ferrets and
don't have as much trouble as the kits on Totally Ferret (but we put
nutritional needs well above cosmetic appeal of yellowed fur).

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets