From:
BETTY YERGER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:29:22 -0500
I know there have been many accidents with Ferret Nation Cages. I have
several because the ferrets came with them and were used to them, and
I use shelf covers and ramp covers on the the shelves and ramps. Those
who tend to use the shelf for a potty area, I cover the shelf with the
cage diaper product produced by King Brands folding it so that the wire
parts stay covered.

Super Pet is not accident free here. I had a Super Pet Care Home
Multi-floor cage sitting in my shelter waiting for the return of one of
my convalescing shelter kids, and last week I found one of the other
kids hanging by the last 1/2 inch of his tail from the corner joint
of the front and side panel at the half way height when I went in the
shelter. Luckily I apparently found him immediately after he had gotten
caught, and he was fine; but I could have lost him had I not entered
the shelter at exactly that second. I will never know how it happened,
but it did. I know all the kids loved to climb that cage. Maybe he
slipped and slid down the corner of the cage; maybe he was backing
down. Bottom line - I have removed the cage. Note: In checking to make
sure I had the correct company producer of this cage, I found that
they have discontinued this model.

Betty