From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:43:08 EST
Here goes my story.  I first got my ferrets last year.  I decided after
reading to do the BARF diet thing.  I would try the mouse thing.  So,
with three ferrets I decided to get 2 mice ( one live and one frozen).
I put them and the mouse in the tub.  No, one wanted anything to do with
the others.  I had to take a trip to NJ.  I was taking the ferrets with
me because my cousin loved them and she had cancer.  I decided not to
leave the mouse was by himself.  What do I decide to do?  Get another so
he won't feel lonely.  The ferret brains didn't want anything to do with
them.  Then later on the multiplication started and started.  My ferret
numbers also increased.  but, now mommie can't do the feed the mouse
things because when she looks at the pinky's that look so innocent.  The
numbers got larger.  Then I went through so many cages for the mice.
Because they started getting out.  I did have one incident where one of
the rescued ferrets got in a cage and got a couple of pinky's.  Now, I
decided to find a way to make a mouse amusement area.  55 gallon fish
aquarium.  I decided the weather was nice.  I decided to put them on the
back porch.  I never saw any cats in my area before.  A cat came and ran
off with my favorite mouse.  Before I put them out.  I thought we had one
mouse named patchwork running the floor.  So, I got a friendly catcher to
get him.  10 mice later.  Then I started to put the ferrets behind the
bookcase where the mice would go.  When I see a mouse go back there.  I
get the fastest of my 12 ferrets.  Ususally, 4 or 5 ferrets.  I put them
behind the bookcase.  What do I see next?  Mouse running for dear life.
Goofy ferrets just start doing the war dance.  I got rid of all the mice
except for 2.  Patchwork is still a freeroamer, who is know leaving his
marks by the ferret cages of the rehabilitated ferrets.  And Mousymouse
Junior is under the cages on another shelf begging for raisons in the
morning.  Patchwork goes in the parakeet cage and will run their wheel.
The ferrets don't even engage him.  T hey have eated a parakeet that
managed to glide over the plexiglass.  But, mice.  Hell, I have a guinea
pig that will run the ferrets away.  I have gotten attached to what
resides in our home caged or not.

That's my story of mice and goofy ferrets

Benita