From:
Mickey Rene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:40:14 EDT
My 2 month old ferret "Jitterbug" really surprised me this morning.  I had
her out in the kitchen, and she climbed to the dog water bowls and stuck her
head all the way down!  She came up soaked, and splashed the water all over
the floor.  She did this about 10 times.  Now, I have a couple questions:

1. How often should I be giving my ferret a bath?  I bought ferret shampoo.
and she has gotten one every 10 days.  This makes her smell a lot better,
but I know I can't do it that often.

2. My ferret just learned where the cat litter box is.  She has her own in
her cage, but everytime she goes into the room, she has to go to the
bathroom in that box.  Do you think that this will bother the cats into not
using the box?

3. I just bought some Kaytee Ferret Treats (chicken flavor).  How often in
a day should I give her a treat?  I've only given her 2-3 a day, and I hope
it's not too much.  She does eat her regular food though just as much.