Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:46:08 -0700
We were on channel 9 the nite before and last nite CNN headline news.
Tommorrow it is the Denver Post and a photographer.  The citation says
storing things on front porch, pop machine, furniture etc. the order
is to "cease all pedestrian and vehicular traffic to the residence and to
stop all activity in Ferretland."  The truth he says is my neighbors are
complaining.  The real truth is my neighbors enjoy the convenience of the
50 cent pops and occasionally stop and sit and chat with the volunteers who
are taking a break.  All know me and know that I set a good example for the
community, supporting all kids functions while keeping my own property from
looking like it should be complained about, all the while running a very
large rescue and performing many civic functions.  Ferretland hasn't been
open since last Oct and just today On TV, the city inspector says my
neighbors are complaining, yet today, on my front porch, I asked him if he
could produce 6 complaints from any neighbor within two blocks within any
time period for any reason and if he could, I would shut down Especially
Ferrets Inc.  Today.  He said he could not.  I threw him off my property.
Him and his little hitler sidekick are starting to tick me off.  Many
friends, are trying to keep me from going ballistic and it is only this
that is allowing the attempt at bureaucracy to find for the right way to do
this.  I am always open to the scrutiny of the public, and even criticism
by the same public if and when it is ever needed, but to be subjected
to the threats and lies of these employees of the Aurora city gov't. is
totally exasperating.  They are here every other day now, camera in hand
and Will they be doing this to anyone else in the neighbor hood.  There are
worse things going on here and they want to get me.  I didn't stand for it
before and I'm not going to now.  If they are looking for a yes boy or a
whipping post, they better move off this block and go look somewhere else.
The ferretguy will go to extroadinary means to protect his fuzzies and is
not going to stand still while these guys try to impose their will upon one
of the best ferret shelters in the world.  I am hoping and praying that all
you ferret lovers out there will support our efforts to stay open, have
volunteers, do boarding ot ferrets and keep Ferretland open during the good
weather months so all the fuzzies that come here can enjoy Ferretland for
what is.  The city guys can't get their stories straight.  My story is
the same as it has been for 7 years now at the same place.  Save ferrets,
educate the public and let's all have fun doing it!!  Faxs may be sent to
the Aurora Mayor at 303-739-7594 expressing your opinion of this subject.

Hugs to all the fuzzies.
Ferretguy