From:
DeBorah Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 14:12:04 -0400
I had an idea - In my non-ferret-mommy life, my husband's company is a
prepaid phone card company and my job is working as his card designer.

I have come up with a set of limited edition cards (1000 of each pose) with
a fuzzbutt in varying poses of "fierceness" -- you know, upside down sound
asleep, flopped on its tummy - totally bummed 'cos there's nothing else to
do, just looking cute in general.

I plan on taking these fierce poses (or any other good pix you FMLers can
send me) and making a prepaid calling card out of them with a portion to
benefit any shelters who write and want financial help, the CA legalization
effort, etc.  You can also request the money from your card go to a specific
place, too.  I'm sure there will be enough money to go around with your
help.  The CARE Network is the division of our company that handles the
account maintenance and funds distribution and since I'm heavily involved
with CARE Net, I plan on making sure they are distributing funds as evenly
as possible to those who need it most.

The cards will be ready by Mid-September so if you wish to get one, let me
know.

At the moment they are only good to call from the U.S. to anywhere in the
world, but we're working on ways to use them in other countries as well (so
hang in there non-USA fuzzy lovers).  We have bulk contracts with several
long distance carriers to provide the best rates possible.  If you have
questions about specific rates, or anything else for that matter, please
e-mail me and I'll get back to you immediately.

The first card to be released will be of a darling fert behind "bars" with
the words "I AM NOT A CRINIMAL" at the top and "Legalize California Domestic
Ferrets" on the bottom.  Let me know what you think.

I wasn't sure whether or not to post this, but have received several people's
support already in private posts.

I'll be waiting.

DeBorah and Cyrano the model.

"Cyra, give me back the film cannister!"

P.S.  If you have a great photo, e-mail me and I'll send you my address
(Have to be careful.  I live in an FFZ).  Send it to me and if it works for
a card, I'll use the best one!  Be sure you mention the name of the fuzzy
and write your name and snail-mail address on the back of it so I can get it
back to you.  SASE would be nice.  I'm specifically looking for one with a
child cuddling a fuzzy for a card with the caption: "Happiness is a Warm
Fuzzy." So much for those people who say they are dangerous to children!
OR, since this is the info age, if you have a GIF or JPEG of your baby(ies)
you can e-mail it to me.  I'll have to scan the photo anyway.

Take care,
DeB

All addresses, etc. will be strictly confidential.

***BIG, Sorry for the long post. ***