Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:40:55 -0500
Hi all. This is a response to the "anonymous" poster - who decided it
would be better to not use their name, but to "smack" us around anyway.
Anonymous: You did make some valid points in your post. BUT you forgot
a couple key points. If Mr. McKay is so sick and frail, and it has
become so obvious to the PUBLIC that the ferrets/minks are in pretty
awful conditions, don't you think that perhaps he should look FOR
ANOTHER SOLUTION - other than having is grandchildren "take care of
business"? They are obviously not doing what they should be doing. I
know that when my grandmother was sick, and I was taking care of her,
I made damn sure that EVERY ONE of her projects, outside interests,
whatever - were taken care of to the letter of the law. I know that
people get old, and sick. It is a natural fact of life. But to hide
behind that excuse is shameful.

You said:
>The mink that are on the property belong to his son that will have
>nothing to do with the ferrets. Instead of trying to close him down,
>why not get together and help clean up the situation. You can
>volunteer to help families in need, why not make this man's last days
>a happy one by helping to clean up his ferret farm. I'm sure that
>your kindness will be rewarded with a few ferrets to take home.

I agree with you. But in your post, I did NOT see YOU offer to go help
clean it up - etc. Why is that? And what about the sentence stating his
grandson "won't have anything to do with the ferrets". Did you ever
wonder why the grandson won't help? And if this man's own family
won't take care of him, then they do NOT need to be in charge of his
business, especially if he is as sick as you say he is. If he loves
ferrets as much as you say he does, then this situation is probably
distracting him, adding stress, and not allowing for him to get healthy
again, healthy enough to take care of the animals he has chosen to
breed/sell. This is where the ferret community DOES need to step in.
Whether it be to save the ferrets, or help this poor old man - doesn't
matter. What does matter is that Mr. McKay get the help he needs, and
that someone competent take over the care of the ferrets, or he needs
to get out of the business. If he truly does love the fuzzies - then I
would bet my last dollar that he would accept "cleanup" help. Bear in
mind - this does not mean that the ferret community should "support"
him, time after time, should he NOT cease his breeding. And if he
cares, like you state he does, then he should realize that he is in
over his head, and should CEASE breeding - and selling - until he can
get his business back to "rights" again. That is what any responsible
person would do, whether they are old and sick, or young and healthy.
If he can't take the heat - then he needs to get the hell out of the
fire. He also needs to consider how badly his business has fallen
apart - and how it is affecting the health of all these helpless
fuzzies that DID NOT ASK TO BE BORN. Now having said that, and NOT
going anonymous - please remember that this is my OPINION - and it is
not "law", or what everyone else is feeling. I just want you to use
your common sense too when you write about people slamming this man.
And I ask that you remember what we are all here for - and that is
the ferrets. They don't have a voice in this. But we do.

p.s. we don't want a reward of "a couple of ferrets". We want ALL the
ferrets to have good health, quality of life, and the love - that they
give us - given back to them.

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what
I want.....