From:
Megan Mohrbacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:04:01 -0400
I was wondering about something for my babies....

HERE IS THE STORY: First of all, I got Jada and Mishka when they were only
8 weeks old.  I have had them for about 4 weeks now.  Just the past few
days it seems that they have become some kind of Incredible Hulks.  They
are like 80 times stronger (even though not much bigger in size) and they
are getting into MANYmore things, which I was expecting.  Something happend
as I was getting ready for work: I had my back turned for several minutes
and the both of them found their way up on the couch (They never got on the
couch by themselves before).  I have my couch pushed up by the window...
they got on the back of the couch and up by the window and totally knocked
over a plant I had on the window-seal and there was SOIL EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Down in the couch, on the floor and of course it covered the window-seal.
They were rolling around and jumping and digging in it.  I had 2 minutes
before I had to leave for work and I did not have time to clean it up so I
picked them up and put them back in "their room".  Even though I have to
clean that mess up when I get home it was sort of funny.  They really
looked like they were enjoying playing in that soil....

As I was on my way to work I was wondering if that could have hurt them,
if they ate any of the soil.  It did not look like they were eating it;
they were just playing in it and digging in it.  Then I was thinking of
something I could maybe get for them to play in.  I was thinking a sand
box but I am not sure if sand is bad for them.  They really love to dig in
stuff.  In fact they dig in their litter box and the litter is everywher
but in their box (I don't know what to do about that either....).  I have
to make sure because they say to watch because they can get Respiratory
problems (especially at such a young age).

If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE e-mail me with some ideas!!!!

THANKS