From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 05:21:59 -0700
I'm trying to look into moving my shelter kids from the 30 day to 4
month lupron for a variety of reasons, their health of course being
the main one.

I have had some very helpful input from a few individuals, read several
short articles, and there seems to be a lot of disparity in
information.

For instance; I was taught lupron needed to be injected into muscle to
be properly absorbed at the prescribed rate, but I find there are vets
giving it sub q.

I seems the 4 month dose may be just a matter of multiplication - a
ferret on 200mcg month would get an injection of 800mcg every 4 months.
Then there are the articles indicating the dose should be .5mg every 4
months period.

My poor vet and I are scrambling trying to learn as much as we can as
fast as we can, but contradictory information makes it difficult.

Have any of you come across recent, clarifying information or sources?

I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.
Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr
http://pages.prodigy.net/furpeopleweyr/index.html