From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:45:39 -0700
Following is the message I sent to the person on Ebay trying to sell
ferret pelts:

---

Dear dealstorage,

I would like you to know -- because you may not be aware -- that this
ad is in HORRIBLY poor taste.

Ferrets are not used for food, like rabbits, but they ARE common
household pets.

Would you care to see ads on Ebay for poodle or german shepherd pelts?

I nearly complained to Ebay, but I felt it was more appropriate to
contact you first and to ask you to do the right thing and remove the
ad.

Ferrets are not rodents, as some people think. They are carnivores
(like dogs and cats) and they are very intelligent, inquisitive, and
affectionate. They have been domesticated as long as cats; there is
evidence of domestic ferrets from 2,500 years ago.

If you are in doubt, please go to this page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11431854@N03/sets/72157613607030619/detail/
and view the photos and videos. My ferret is smarter than any dog I
have ever owned.

Would you care to see the skin of YOUR intelligent pet for sale on
Ebay? My guess is no.

Thank you for your consideration.