From:
Harry Silvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 05:54:22 -0400
Our gate has been in use for over five years.  The only escape of the
several dozen ferrets that have bee in there is a whippett, that got on
top of the tent and flew over the top.  The wall is a 3/4" sheet of plywood
that is cut to be snug in the door frame, and is 18" tall.  On top of it we
have a 4+ inch diameter cardboard tube that we cut a groove down the length
and fitted it over the top of the board.

Our door easily keeps the ferrets in as they have nothing to grab onto as
they try to escape, and slide back into the ferret room.  The cardboard
tubes can be gotten from a carpet or vinyl flooring store where they are
thrown into the trash.  The real cost to us was nothing as the wood was
leftovers from another project.

We really like the gate as it is so low, and is easy to step over.

Harry C. Silvis/Zora Mae Silvis
KENNESAW GRAPHICS
3166 Cherokee Street, Ste 101
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
770.421.1415    Fax 770.421.1745
"The Biggest Little Print Shop in Kennesaw"

                          ^^^^^^^
                      ^^            ^^^

  The Nine Ferrets of Kennesaw Graphics