From:
Kelleen and the FANG Gang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 04:32:53 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I was very upset all day too ergardin gthis situation and then in the late
afternoon after going to pick up David from work to come to my house to help
with the newsletter I got it!!  The very 1st message I pulled up was like a
very damaging slap across my face.

They were dead!!!!!!!!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it just can't be!!  was all that kept shouting in my
mind.  I could hear the wailing in my head as tears began to fall for these
3 innocents so terribly slaughtered for nothing.  I too am so damn mad I
would love to put a contract out on this SOB!!!  And then another part of me
is soooooo very sad and full of despair at this loss.  I have continued to
be on the verge of more tears thruout the entire nite.

I just don't understand how the courts could give any paper allowing the
removal of these animals by their accusor.  The courts signed their death
warrent the moment they gave him the d**m papers.  I think someone should
really check into whether this was legal in the 1st place and if not then
sue the heck out of the city and the court that pulled this ignorant crap.
I would have thought there were very clear cut laws for this type of
incident and that ONLY the health dept.  or a legal body could have the
right to any access of these animals, period!!!  Surely NOT to allow access
to the one man who is already headhunting as it is.  They knew d**m well he
wanted those kits dead and then they basically gave him the license to
murder them.

Well I am starting to close my eyes involuntarily and too often now so I
guess I had better close this at this point.  We at least did EVERYTHING we
could from out of state, and many of us from CLEAR across the country, not
to mention the front liners in NJ or very near, to save these babies lives.
I am glad that I was offered the opportunity to help and to make a stand for
them.  I feel more terrible than words could possibly express that we failed
to achieve our final goal.  But WE ARE NOT FAILURES!!  We got a huge
response from people who flooded that Gov.'s office on Monday morning and
Sunday nite with Fax's, e-mails, and phone calls.  And had this jerk, creep,
punk, cruel, evil, thing never had access to those babies (which is the way
it SHOULD have been) then we would have done it guys!!  That Gov.  was ready
to sign the stay and do the quarantine rather than kill and we all know that
the kits would have been just fine and NEVER gotten distemper had they been
allowed to live.  Perhaps we shelter operators should make a rule that NO
ferret be allowed human contact with outsiders to the shelter until they
have the FULL SERIES OF SHOTS!  No one so much as touches a hair on their
tiny head until that last shot is done and had the time required to take
effect.  I plan to start doing this now immediately at FANG!  If the kids
have not gotten their shots then no one but me, my mom, Michell and David
will touch them ever until the shots are done and I have paper proof to
verify it right there in the shelter with me.  So I have learned a valuable
lesson out of this heartbreaking and absolutely disgusting event.  I will
keep this lesson close to my heart forevermore so that these brave little
one's deaths were not in vain and none of my shelter kids ever suffers the
same fate.  I urge all other shelter operators to learn this same lesson and
also carry it near to your heart so that yet again the babies will not have
died in vain.

THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING,

Kelleen and The FANG GANG!!

*      Kelleen Andrews  &  Her FANG GANG!!!!          *
*  President and Founder of F.A.N.G. Shelter/Club     *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*      208-342-7292                                   *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *