From:
"Heyn, Ela" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:48:23 -0500
Thank you to all of the wonderful people who have purchased raffle tickets
to win the wonderful afghan that Support Our Shelters is currently
offering.  And ESPECIAL thanks to Kat Parsons for making and donating
this beautiful afghan in the first place!  I will have new pictures of it
up soon!  :->

Kat has asked that the proceeds of this raffle go to benefit Jean
Caputo-Lee in Ohio.  If you read her plea for help for Jean in today's
FML, I'm sure you can understand why.  Jean's shelter is full to capacity
(and beyond), and Jean is in danger of losing her home (which houses the
shelter) unless she can raise funds.  PLEASE help!  The raffle drawing
will be on Xmas, and think what a wonderful present a few raffle tickets
would be to a shelter near you, or to a family member, friend, fellow
ferret lover, etc.  :->

To see the afghan, please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/crochetkat/ferret/sos-raffle.html

This afghan is HUGE (over 6 feet in length, I believe), and it says "Love
your ferret like there is no tomorrow". :->  The afghan is ivory/bone in
colour, with a beautiful red/green trim running around the edges.

ALL proceeds from the raffle of this afghan will go to help Jean
Caputo-Lee through S.O.S.  (Support Our Shelters, aka S.O.S. is a
registered 501c3 corporation which exists to raise money for ferret
shelters and distribute funds and needed supplies to them).  I am donating
my time and supplies (including postage to the winning bidders, and FIVE
RUNNER UP PRIZES OF FERRET SOAPS!!  The afghan itself was donated by Kat
Parsons.)  100% of your money goes to Jean's ferret shelter!

You can purchase chances to win this beautiful afghan for $1 each, or 6
for every $5.  Every person purchasing over $10 worth of tickets will
receive a tax donation certificate for Uncle Sam after the new year
begins!

The deadline for purchasing tickets is 12/20, and we plan to announce the
winner on Xmas!  You can purchase tickets by Paypal ..  our address is
[log in to unmask]  Please include your address when you
Paypal funds, and note in the subject line or memo field that it is for
raffle tickets.

While we prefer Paypal (especially during this time of anthrax mail delays
and the holiday mailing rush), we are very grateful if you choose to mail
us checks for raffle tickets, too.  Our address is:

S.O.S. attn. Ela
304 Hillside Ave, B11
Nutley, NJ  07110

Please make your check payable to either "SOS" or "Support Our Shelters",
and include your mailing address AND email address.

Good luck to everyone, please let me know if you have any questions, and
Happy Holidays!  :->

- Ela