Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 1995 03:48:32 -0500
Hi Linda -
My deepest sympathy goes out to you in your loss of C-pi.  I couldn't help
having tears well up in my eyes reading your posting.  My husband and I lost
three of our furries last year, and though you never get use to having them
euthanized, you do learn to accept it.  There comes a point in time when you
have to make that decision.  As hard as it is, you know you're doing the best
for your ferret in "not" letting them to suffer.  It's so sad that these
sweet creatures don't have a longer life span.  It was especially hard losing
our "grand lady" - Sable back in Sept.  She would have been 9 yrs. this
month. Even that wasn't long enough of a life for her.   I miss all our
ferrets who have passed on.  We have them buried in one of our wooded lots
near our house and somehow, to me, that's comforting.

If you have another ferret or pet, just hug them when you start to feel sad
or the pangs of grief over C-pi's passing.  It helps a lot, and it is true
that time heals the hurt we feel under these circumstances.  After the
healing process, we can appreciate how nice memories are, where our furry
companions live on within us.

Hugs -  Phyllis