From:
"Scarlet L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:03:46 -0500
Hi everyone,
My vet just left a little while ago (he makes house calls) and all three
of my babies have something wrong with them now.  I feel so sad.  They
are such good animals and it's breaking my heart.  My 6 year old CJ has
had surgery twice for adrenal problems.  The vet would like him to have
another surgery but I just can't put him through it.  He is currently
getting Lupron shots which have been great for him.  After discovering a
scab on Petey's head (he's 3)that just wouldn't heal, the vet said today
that it looks like a mast cell tumor which luckily he believes is benign.
Cindy, also 6, has recently started showing signs of adrenal problems
again so the vet has started her on Lupron, too.  She has already had one
surgery.  When the vet left I just sat on the kitchen floor and cried.
Is there such a thing as a healthy ferret?  It seems like our babies seem
to get everything under the sun.  I know there are shelters and people
with a lot more ferrets than me who experience these things on a much
grander scale.  I suppose it's all relative.  Nobody wants to see their
babies suffer.  It just seems so unfair.  I grew up with dogs and they
never had as many health issues as my guys do.  Why ferrets?  Thanks for
letting me vent.

Seen sunnier days,
Jennifer, CJ, Cindy, and Pete in Phoenix