Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 1994 19:58:32 PST
From Marcy, Abercrombie, and Fitch:
:news from Michigan, I am convinced that by travelling with ferrets and
:having people stop us everywhere we go to ask about them, ferret owners
:can also do a service to dispel all the negative views people have about their
:pets.  Abercrombie and Fitch certainly did their part as poster children

I imagine we all have stories about outings with our little fuzzy kids
where some of the things people have said about them are truly "amazing."
My personal favorites are:    "They [ferrets] kill chickens.",   "They have no
spines.", and "They kill cats."

Of course, you then have to inform the mis-informed the truth. Now
if they said that ferrets  were bovine assassins, that would be a different
story! ;)  On our outings to various parks, we often get asked if they are a
weasel or a mink. I suppose this isn't too bad....at least they in the right
family.

I would have to say the top three questions asked (in order) are:
        Adults                                  Children
"Do they bite?"                                 "Do they bite?"
"What do they eat?" /"What are they?"   "Can I pet them?"
"Can I pet them?"                                       "What are they?"

Our kids do their best at being model ferret poster children. Squirt loves
to sniff people's fingers when they try pet him. This invariably startles
people and  makes them giggle. Pippi doesn't like strangers that much
so she ignores them by going to sleep. People always think she's
pretty cute all curled up in someone's arms.

-kim ,   "Gimmee back that sock!"
mike,    "The Info-man on ferrets for all those park goers"
Squirt,  "Who are you? Have I met you before? *Sniff* *Sniff*"
and Pippi   "hsss...yummm....sock...munch...hsss....run...sock....hide"

  Kimberly Burkard          |              _     Everything I needed to know in
  Xerox, Rochester, NY      |       _____C .._.  life I learned from my ferret:
  [log in to unmask]   |  ____/     \___/   Be flexible and go with life's
  [log in to unmask]  | <____/\_---\_\     twists and turns.