From:
"Michael A. Bostrom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
18 Jun 1997 13:42:14 -0700
I just got off the phonewith a local vet assistant, and am left with a
couple of questions.  First, she told me of a case or cases of wild ferrets
in or around Salt Lake City.  Supposedly, owners who didn't want them were
dumping them in the woods where they went feral and began to breed.  Does
anyone know anything a bout this?  If not, is there anyone in Salt Lake that
can look into it?

Second, we got into a mild argument over the domesticity(ooh, big word) of
ferrets.  She stated that the ferret is more genetically related to their
wild counterparts(weasils, minks, etc.) than cats are to thiers.  This was
her arguement for ferrets being "more" wild.  What I would like to know is,
first, is this a true statement, and second, if it is true, does it have any
effect on how domes tic a ferret is.This was a new arguement to me, and I
didn't know quite how to counter it.  I would like to be prepared next time.

If you email me direct, please cc: [log in to unmask] Thanks.

May the forces of evil become
      confused on their way to your house.
           Mike Bostrom
             U-5147   6-9523      08-29