From:
Kimberly Shuey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:50:18 -0700
Hello please bear with me I am much better with my critters than this
machine, I just recieved my first newsletter from y'all and am very
impressed.

I would like to comment on a couple of things though,#1 since I share my
home with all manner of critters including dogs rats birds ferrets and
human cookie crumblers I must agree that leaving any babies furred
feathered of human alone without a WATCHFUL eye is dangerous and ignorant
of the innocents best welfare.  My Great Dane thinks she'sa Pomeranian and
is the gentlest thing with anything tiny she'll lay on her back and cry for
my furball or son to come play my macaw would love to take toes from any of
the critters but will kiss a man witha beard to death, my fuzzie would love
me to death if I would just turn my head when the rat cage is open and my
son harbors fantasies that the fuzzie really wants to be an otter and
wishes I would let in the the baby pool..needless to saymy eyes and my
husbands are always open.  As for the baby that was injured my heart breaks
please understand that the bird really didn't get off scott free, trust me
that bird has now picked up a behaviour that will manifest itself with any
new owner, at first they will try to correct it...then they will try to
physically reprimand it then they will ignore the bird then it will end up
with someone like me who takes in any unwanted animal and it's quality of
life will be greatly diminished but we would as I am sure you would make
him as comfortable and happy as possible, Myreal regret when I hear these
things is that the animal is the one to suffer the child in this instance
too but lets face it both of my dogs were unwanted the rat was a pet that
got "boring" my bird squaked too much the ferret "smelled funny" I wish
people would use their brains instead of their wallets when getting a pet
and put that money into shelters and equipment for shelters.  or send it
to me:)  my critters would love it.

Kym and Evee and nibble and pikachu and stormy and dominoand............