From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 02:42:21 -0400
We just sold our home, probably in spite of the ferrets.  I definitely
advise having them all caged in one room so that people who aren't wild
about animals don't become worried about how clean your house is with so
many animals in it.

Be fanatic about cleanliness and odor.  Change their bedding every couple
of days, wipe down all surfaces that get peed and pooped on, wash litter
boxes, and double check for any tell-tale poops in the corners.  Half
my time getting ready when we had a potential buyer coming through was
straightening up after the ferrets.  I think the room smelled a lot less
when I used Chlorox wipes for everything poop and pee related.  I guess
they get rid of more bacteria that cause the odors.

Consider buying an air cleaner if you don't own one.  I found a strong,
long-lasting vanilla candle to burn.  The vanilla seems to work well with
the warm odor of the ferrets.

People can really be put off by the ferrets.  And they don't care how put
out the ferrets are by being caged for hours for their shopping pleasure.

Blessings,
Judith