From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:10:18 -0400
BRILLIANT juxtaposition: durian fruit, to smelling bad, to tasting good,
to smelling wrong!  Bill, you have an artist's touch! [Had a lot of fun
with that one!  BIG]

Regina had a webiste of training that I think could greatly help the
original poster.  Is it still up and what is the addy?  Hope it's up
because it's good.

There are many causes of inflammed colons and what works depends on teh
ferret and the cause.  Certianly for some of the causes and a number of
ferets Prednisone works well nad ferrets are usualy very resistent to
haivng any problems with steroids, unlike many other species so that is
a very good difference.

I owuld quesiton the use of dog foods; dog foods simply are not
nutrtionally sound for ferrets in amounts, types, of balance of
nutrients, nad exclude some which ferrets need like Taurine.  Some
ferrets do have trouble with either digestion or with possible poultry
allergies (sometimes to one type or sometimes to multiple ones) and then
the use of Feline z/d is a very handy way to go.  It is already broken
down so far that allergies don't repsond to it, and because it is broken
down so far it allows easier uptake of the nutrients.  Feline z/d is a
prescription food which vets ge from Hills.  They are multinational but
I can't find a UK # for them, though there are toll free number sin the
U.S. Canada, and Australia.  I expect your vet will know fo them or of
an equivalent.

I hope that these commnets make enough sense.  We'e up every hour and
half to two hours with SDcooter's special needs right now and doing shift
here, on top on watching Sevie's new complication closely, and having the
normal thihngs to tend to, so I'm pretty well exhausted and goiing up and
down in tiredness depdnign on how renetly I have permitted myself to
drink some caffiene and how recnetly I have slept.

Thanks, Bill!  Any time I haven't been able t carry over posts from the
FHL for a while and then resume I get questions.