From:
New Rainbow Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 09:16:49 -0400
Before you send one dime to help support the Ferret Squad movie,
consider this:

Within days of the Disney movie 101 Dalmatians, the Dalmatian became
one of the most popular dogs around. Kids all wanted one, and parents
were quick to jump on the bandwagon. Cause, let's face it: they were
cute.

Within a few months, rescues and shelters were overrun with Dalmatians.
The kids lost interest and their parents weren't willing to step up and
care for them. Suddenly there were thousands of Dalmatians looking for
new homes... if they were lucky. How many were put down in an effort to
provide a "humane" solution to the overcrowding?

What do you think will happen after the Ferret Squad hits the theaters
and DVDs? I can hear it now: "Aww, they're so cute! Can we get one?"

And within a few months, rescues will be overflowing. And those will
be the lucky ferrets... how many thousands will be "released into the
wild"? I don't even want to think about it.

Think that's an exaggeration? Okay, rescues out there: How many ferrets
did you get hit with when Kindergarten Cop reached the theaters? How
many have you received named Kodo and Podo, after the ferrets in the
Beastmaster? I can't keep count... I ran out of fingers and toes long
ago.

Don't forget, every movie about animals lies. They're going to show
them doing all kinds of tricks that no ferret will ever do. Then, when
the new owners get their ferrets home, they'll just knock over lamps
or steal keys. No heroic tricks. And the new owners will quickly lose
interest.

Don't get me wrong: I think those self-learned tricks are terrific. I
can sit and watch my guys for hours, dragging throw rugs through the
house and hiding their toys under the sofa. But that's hardly going to
compare with what they see on the screen. And we'll pay the price with
more overcrowding in the rescues.

So do the ferrets a favor: Don't support this or any other movie about
ferrets. It won't end pretty.

Steve Bodofsky
The Last Chance Ferret Rescue, and
The New Rainbow Bridge