From:
Ferret Nook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:22:23 -0600
Thank you Dee for bringing up a very real concern! If we all take in 1,
2 or more of Doug McKay's ferrets shouldn't there be more of a concern
than cost, socializing - is the ferret community willing to chance
spreading disease from one area of the country to another? I'm sure
anyone that has lived with ADV, or for that matter, ECE, in their
household, certainly doesn't want to live through it again by possibly
exposing their ferrets by bringing in one of the McKay ferrets. There
are also other health risks since they are not ferrets that are used
to living inside and being loved and pampered.

Yes, the ferrets are suffering, but like many others have stated, let's
take the legal route and if so, it has to come from his area. Not much
can be done long distance except for letter writing support, etc. The
real work on closing him down has to come from people living in his
area.

We will support this effort in any way we can, but as a permanent
solution, not just putting a band aid on the problem for it to rear its
ugly head down the road.

Kathy Fritz
Ferret Nook Shelter/Adoption Center
Cambridge, WI