From:
Sheri Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 17:36:59 -0500
Whisper, please.

I wouldn't want my beautiful, black is black, creme is creme, standard sable
Mort to hear anyone say he wasn't "high quality." Is he less deserving of a
good home based on the fact that he comes from the "wrong side of the
tracks"?  He has a very ferret-curious nature, playful, and never bites.
(well, except for a minor toe fetish .  .  .) Yes, he's smaller than my
non-MF ferrets, but has thus far (1 year) had no health problems, a
wonderful temperament, and is over-all just a lovey dovey guy.

And I wouldn't want my tiny Princess to think she's less than "high quality"
either.  She's pastel sable, and the sweetest ferret I have ever met.  I
trust her (and only her) to climb inside my pant leg.  She lick, lick,
licks, and never get's around to the 'chomp' that so many others do.  She
can hardly bear to open her mouth to defend herself wrestling.  Doesn't even
pretend to bite when we play with her.  She's a darling.  A less than 1lb
sweeter-than- sugar ferret.

The conditions at MF may not be high quality, but in my personal
experience, the ferrets are very loving, sweet, and most deserving of good
homes.  Think of what they've come out of:  tiny cages, no run time,
shipping . . .

I consider both my MFs to be rescues, even though I paid $125 for Mort.
It's not HIS fault that he comes from Marshall.

All 3 of my non-MF ferrets are more unpredictable when it comes to biting.
Pepper will slowly CHOMP your nose if you give him enough time staring at it
to come up with the idea.  BB would love to rip a persons' lips right off
their face.  And Uno hardly ever bites, but when he does, watch out--it's no
"nibble"!

Yes, I've bite-trained Mort from Kitdom, but Princess came to me fully
grown, and she was housed with Uno, so she didn't learn her sweet nature
from her previous owners.

I defend nothing that MF does or does not do--I only write to explain by
example that the FERRETS from MF can surely be said to be "high quality."

Thank you.

--Sheri

"Until our paths find us together
        may you forever
            go in peace."   --Mike Rayburn (comic entertainer and acoustic
rock artist)