From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 15:02:34 -0400
It has been advanced that testing could destroy shows.  I disagree.  If
anything, experience shows that the exact opposite is true.  When folks
became too afraid to go to shows due to possible ECE that DID destroy
some show groups, completely.  Nailed a few clubs, too.  Not only did fewer
people show ferrets but fewer came to shows without ferrets, too, for fear
of carrying it home on their clothing.  When we went we'd wash the clothing
immediately and leave our shoes outside.  Mostly, we just did NOT go to
shows.  Hey, it worked for very many years.  If you want to learn what
historically DID destroy shows then read past FMLs and learn what ECE did
to a number.  It's a very telling lesson and as we all know: learning
history is the way to prevent repeating it.