Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:54:38 -0700
I took her to the vet today. What we found was that she has a large
right adrenal mass which has caused a Stump Pyometra. Our vet drew off
some of the fluid and found some bacteria and she is on antibiotics.
So we are watching her to see if she improves.

I've had messages that state we should treat her with Deslorin Implants
even though they are not helping her. When I say not helping her I
don't mean by hair regrowth (I've actually never seen any hair regrowth
from any of our ferrets with Deslorin Implants). When I say not helping
her I mean I don't see any behavior change what so ever. With our other
ferrets I can see a change in their behavior. Before they got deslorin
they seemed fine after the deslorin they are more active, bouncy, and
happy. You can see that they feel better even if didn't act like they
felt bad before. With this little girl there is no change in behavior
or appearance.

I know if a ferret has Adrenal Cancer these treatments don't help and
that is what I'm assuming she has.

If I'm wrong in this feel free to let me know (nicely or as nice as
possible). Money is really tight and I didn't want to put money on
therapy that wasn't going to be beneficial. We did put a deslorin
implant in another ferret (his first). If an implant will positively
benefit her we'll have to find the money for it.

Thanks

Mike