From:
Tracy & Aaron McAlpine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 11:15:53 -0500
Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me privately & through the FML when I asked
if ferrets use the extra levels in the multi-level cages.  My husband & I
finally bought a 2 story cage.  Aaron spent a lot of time carpeting the new
cage & attaching it to our existing cages.  We now have 3 cages hooked
together.  It looks way cool!  They have enough room to raise all kinds of
heck!  They don't seem to be using the 2nd story yet.  Aaron puts them up
there all the time, but I guess right now they're not used to it or
something.  Yesterday he added a ramp that leads to a ledge so they have 2
different options of how to get to & down from the 2nd level.

Later we bought a new food bowl that seems to working well.  We had been
using a regular old cat dish.  The ferrets drug that darn thing all over the
kitchen, making a tremendous mess!  This new contraption is actually 2
different dishes locked to a tray.  At least when they push it, the water
flows into the tray rather than onto my floor!  Aaron is thinking of
velcro-ing the dish to the microwave stand so they can't even push it -
wouldn't they be ticked off?!  Hee-hee!  We bought it at Superpetz (not sure
if they are national).

Take care all!

Tracy & the girls-
Pinky, Jasmine, Shadow, & Bear