From:
Mark Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:34:54 +0100
>From:    John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A couple of comments about hypocrisy on this list

Too many people react like sheep, or targeted missiles, every time
something goes wrong.  In the UK we have a TV program called Watchdog.
It's aim is to protect the consumer from ruthless and immoral companies,
but it also attacks moral and good companies due to their over-reaction
to small customer samples.

I have heard experienced ferret owners who work in animal education react
to ferret illness by automatically blaming the food, which had been fed
by several owners for a long time.  All too often people react without
thought, just emotion.  I admit, I am guilty of this myself.

Before we blame anyone for anything, lets look at both sides of the story,
or at least not just react to those vocal consumers, who are undoubtedly
the negative consumers.  People regularly voice their praise, but are
always quick to voice their ire.

Mark Bradley
  & Banjo, Kazooie, Nobby, Binky, Nugs and Cleo (alias Looney Tunes)
    who are happy eating several brands of food !
  and the rats (all 15 of them)
  and Peanut the hamster,
  and the two orphaned mice found in a local zoo's food store (currently
being hand-reared)

PS this implies I have a varied experience of animals, not that I want
praise.  I do it for me, not them.  Selfish sod ain't I !