From:
Dianne Rohowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:47:53 +0800
Get over it. We are not the Ferret Police. At the end of the day,
regardless of what you put down all ferrets do not eat the same thing.

In my household of ferrets ..... average life span 10 to 12 years .....
meal times find me putting out bowls of milk, egg & milk, meat, kibble
and fresh water together with either weaner mice or baby chickens on
alternate days ..... it is up to the ferrets what they eat.

Not all of my ferrets eat the same: Some eat only milk & biscuits, some
eat meat, kibble & milk, some eat milk, prey & meat, some eat a bit of
everything.

I am sure we all agree that raw meaty bones & prey make for a great
diet but prey, at least here in Oz, is sometimes deplete in calcium
and other food is also needed to make up the balance.

I do not believe in feeding ferrets mushy cat/kitten food but I
do believe if we give them choices they will eat what makes them
content ..... at the end of the day they only live 8 to 12 years
approximately and no matter what we feed them they will not live to
be 20 years old. Offer them reasonable choices and let them live a
contented life.

Hugs to all.

Dianne.