From:
"Andrea M. Garza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 08:17:46 -0700
Bryan,

I'm amazed that Animal Control has no jurisdiction!  Where I live, one pet
store was shut down TWICE, because proper care wasn't being given to the
animals.  I don't know if the store was shut down for good this time.  This
story hit the news media, and it it all went downhill from there.  My
suggestion?  Go to the media!  If there are other animals at that petstore,
who are equally neglected, then it will help get community envolvement.  If
this store hits the news, you'll probably find a lot of people comming out
of the woodwork.  Or, I'm sure there is an animal rights group in your area.
If anyone would make a big stink out of the situation, it would be them.

Where I bought my Zero (a week ago), the ferrets at this pet store had a big
cage, with clean bedding, lots of toys, and other fun ferret things.  That's
the way it should be!  Even the store's staff were sad to see him go, and
told me I had to keep his name Zero.

Good luck.

Andrea

Andrea Garza