Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:58:16 EDT
Last night I had an email conversation with Dr. Nick Saint-Erne
regarding the ferrets in question. I had also left a voice mail message
with corporate PetSmart. Dr. Saint-Erne had been told that there were 4
ferrets at that store and one of the older males, Spanky "does nip some
and so had been returned by a customer who did not have experience with
ferrets".

I had explained to him the story I know and that he was only hearing
what the managers there were telling him. Spanky is a biter and has
been in several homes. I was going by what I had seen and what
associates had told me.

When I got home from work tonight, there was a message on my machine
from corporate PetSmart that they are taking ferrets out of the
O'Fallon PetSmart. She had a long conversation with Dr. Saint-Erne who
confirmed that the store had issues and, thanks to me for reporting
it, they realize the ferrets are staying too long and it is not an
appropriate store to sell ferrets. Also, the only stores that will sell
ferrets are ones that will get them out fast. . They also are going to
start monitoring sales of how quickly ferrets are sold and associates
will be encouraged to handle them when they are in stores.

All I can say is that it seems the system has finally worked! I am so
happy I can hardly stand it! I did call back to corporate tonight, but
had to leave a message about what will happen to the 4 ferrets in that
store? I will go in and check out the situation this weekend. I just
want to know if they are all biters. I know that Spanky is and only
know by associates that 2 others are, too..

Please, if any of you see anything going on, it really does seem that
PetSmart does want ferrets to be taken care of properly....so PLEASE
report anything that needs reporting.