From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:24:33 -0500
Since being put on Flagyl (for which she didn't finish the medication
because of high stress and a insulinoma crash) for diarhea Mikette has
been grinding her teeth occasionally (and has started getting diarhea
again since the amoxi ended).  I mentioned this to the vet to suggested
Biaxin (which was advised by helpful fmlers) and carafate (which Jillie
was given when teeth grinding).  The vet prescribed the amoxi again since
it seemed to be helping before the flagyl, and she said the teeth
grinding would be nasua (and the carafate would be for ulcers) so she
mentioned something that sounded like a pepcid that came in a pill form
and called in a rx to the compounding pharmacy.  I picked it up tonight
(vet closed, but I'm going to call when they're open) it's called
famotidine and I was surprised to see 5 refills on it.  I thought it
was a temporary prescription.

Has anyone heard of or used Famotidine?

Thanks for any info.
Risa