From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:12:41 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=11514&startid=11518

>Our vet says that if you don't get the whole gland you don't get the
>disease.  Part of the tumor remains in.

I agree with this absolutely.

>He believes you have to get it all and that requires one of the
>procedures your vet doesn't do.

However, the above is not true.  I have on quite a few occasions removed
an affected right adrenal without doing caval ligation, without doing
cryo, etc, and have gotten histopath results (and clinical results!)
indicating that the entire gland had been removed.  Not saying that the
ability to do the above isn't a good idea (and I've done my share of
ligations), but it's *not* always necessary.

Dr. Ruth
Puppies kiss better than most people.