From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 23:26:05 -0600
Hi Y'all,

Well, I have gotten fussed at for leaving my name out of my subject lines.
And I will not invoke the wrath of my big sis.  So from now own I will be
using probably MM at the start.  sigh.

This a mushy letter, let you know up front.  I have met all kinds of folks
on the fml, some I hope to never talk to again, some that have disappeared
from view and some I wished would.  I am sure there are those who feel the
same about me.  But these folks are few.  They can be ignored.  If you are
not used to fml politics, well, offline can get nasty.  Has nothing to do
with Sir Gruber.  To all the newbies on the list, ignore them.  Delete.
Don't try to be reasonable it won't work.  Just ignore.

Now, the mushy part.  I have made some great friends over the years on the
list.  Some that have helped me out with the ferrets, helped me, given
advice and a kind shoulder to lean on.  Trish, thanks.  I am glad for our
friendship.  Noni, my little sis, you are a rock.  Sara thanks for laughing
at my insane life, Candy for being a new friend in STL for me, Georgia for
making me laugh, Suzy for being such a good sis, Cath for being a sis and
sending me warped jokes.  There is someone else who I am very glad to have
met too.  All of you have given me a lot of advice on my furts, given me
lessons in life, supported me, and loved me.  And are helping to rebuild my
image and my self esteem.  And each and everyone of you I met on the fml.

I say such mushy stuff for the newbies.  It is very very easy to let the
list members get to you.  There is a fair amount of bickering from time to
time on list, but off list it can get much worse.  Don't listen to them,
and don't let them turn you off all the other nice folk.  But then, even us
loudmouths can be nice too. ;-)

And for Cath and Suzy, thanks for the wonderful and sweet posts.  Made me
cry.  But happy tears.

love to all,

Margaret Marie

"There's nothing left to lose, there's no more heart to bruise"
Madonna