From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 18:40:51 EST
Oh Millie, to hold it against Oscar that he is from the male species, shame
on you!  But then again you might have made this easy, Oscar, the most
perfect MALE ferret in the world.  Oscar cannot open the door for me when I
drive up, but I can bet money he will be waiting at the door, laying on the
floor eager to see what I have in my hands, hoping for a bag he can check
out!  I have four and he is the only one that does this.  Oscar, the ferret
that can go outside and walk beside you in the grass and not run off.  Will
stand still on four legs or two hind legs for any photo opportunity.  Oscar
the most perfect male ferret in the world, will crawl into your lap and
sleep as you rub his ears.

Oscar came to live with me on October 3, 1997.  He was an impulse buy, he
was the last ferret a local pet store planned to sell.  He was six months
old, had lived in a small cage with no toys, no hammock, old food and a
bottle of water with mold growing in it.  There was a lot of poop in the
corner and he smelled.  From the first day we brought him home he has been
a delight to live with.  Oscar had two companions when he moved in, a
yorkie and dachshund.  He got along with both.  In May Lilly my female came
to live with us.  He never tried to bully her around, has always been a
perfect gentleman.

Last month Bailey and Elle joined our home and again Oscar welcomed them
like a perfect ferret should.  Oscar meets everyone that comes into my home
with a perfect disposition.  He allows everyone to pet his head, hold him,
give him hugs and kisses and on occasion he will kiss back.  When Oscar
sneaks into the pantry and steals raisins he shares with the other ferrets.
When Elle threw up yesterday all over everyone, I caught him whispering to
her that it would be all right.  When I cleaned her up he crawled into her
hammock and slept with her for a couple of hours.  He loves attention,
loves other animals and never shows aggression.

When it comes to all my animals I can find something special to say about
all four of my ferrets, my two dogs and my cat.  But when it comes to Oscar
I can't shut up.  He is perfect!  I really love the little guy.

Carol Voivedich