From:
Eric Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 22:58:48 -0500
Brian Walker <[log in to unmask]> pointed out that:

>But the really infuriating part was at the very end when the announcer
>states that "Grant Kozak is in perfect health and still intends to
>purchase a companion for the ferret he already has".

For the protection of other shelters and their fuzzies in this area, is
there any way that a picture of this maniac can be published on the 'Net?

I suggest this *not* out of vindictiveness, but for a very real and
practical reason.  Shelters in this area *must* protect themselves against
this murderous maniac.  If he goes into another shelter and is bitten again,
more ferrets will die.  Make no mistake--there can be *no* question that
this will happen.

If shelter employees all over northern NJ, eastern PA, western CT and
southern NY have a picture, they can recognize him when he walks in.  Then,
they can demand to see ID, and if it's him (or if he refuses to show ID),
they can refuse to allow him near any of the animals.  If it's not him, the
shelter can simply apologize and explain that they're trying to keep more
ferrets from being murdered needlessly.  I suspect that most shelter owners
in this area are reached by this forum and can thus be warned to protect
themselves and their charges.

It's just a shame that it would be very difficult to reach all the pet shops
in the area.  It would be nice to allow them to protect themselves as well.
But then again, maybe we could, if everyone on this list in NJ/ PA/NY/CT
canvasses pet shops in their area....

Having said that I'm not suggesting this out vindictiveness, I think the
most satisfying outcome of this whole situation would be if this guy never
gets his murderous hands on a fuzzy--ever again.  People have said that the
hate mail is only feeding his ego, and I suspect this is true.  But if he
tries to adopt a ferret and is repeatedly turned away from shelters and
shops, maybe the message will get through his thick skull that he did
something *very* evil, out of nothing but a desire to feed his ego and get
attention.

Just a thought.

        Eric
        Murphy and Boo-Boo (Why did they have to die, daddy?  Why??  Why???)
        Cleo and Sheba (Boy, are we glad were cats, not people!)

(BIG, I haven't seen this suggestion yet on the FML, but if it has been,
please don't waste bandwidth publishing this note.)