From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:01:00 -0700
Mike brings up a good point.

What I have done to keep it frozen is to take a large square plastic
container that has a snap on lid, and place a much smaller one (that
can hold all the syringes) also with a lid, fill the small one with rice
to weigh it down,and then fill the large one with water up to but not
covering the lip and lid of the small one.  Freeze this, and then you
can pop the small container out, leaving a depression in the big one.
Clean the small one,place your lupron filled syringes in it, and place
back into the depression, put the lids on both and back into the freezer!
This is also in case your power goes out, it is still frozen until you
can get some dry ice for longer power outages.  I agree that just placing
the prefilled syringes into a family freezer is iffy, and we also have an
old freezer that is colder than h.... not frost-free that we use!

Hugs to all,
Michelle