From:
Signe Peerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:02:27 EDT
You Might Be a Ferret Owner If: You walk a couple miles in the blazing sun
to Barnes & Noble so you can fork out $27.50 for The Life of Elizabeth I by
Alison Weir, because its cover has a portrait of the queen with a ferret on
her arm.  The ferret may be sort of weird looking (smallish, apparently
tailless, covered with what looks like elongated polka dots, and wearing a
fancy little collar a real ferret wouldn't tolerate for three seconds), but
a ferret of any description on the cover of a major biography is hard to
pass up!

Now I'm going to have to actually read the book to see if the ferret is
mentioned anywhere...perhaps in the chapters headed "Disputes over Trifles",
or "Dishonourable and Naughty Reports", or "Things Grievouser and Worse", or
"Frenzied Wooing", or even "A Court at Once Gay, Decent and Superb"???