From:
Michael McKinley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:59:55 -0800
This is the first time I have EVER written to FML. So be kind.

Because I am a student, I sometimes fall behind in my FML readings, but the
latest postings from this neck of the woods have driven me to come out of my
"reading closet" and write in.

I am appalled by the recent event in Spokane.  I think we all should be!  I
am going to try to get on the bandwagon and help.  But more importantly, I
think we all should help!  I remember when one ferret, kodo, was killed
senselessly.

Well folks, we are talking about over eighty ferrets here!!!!

Let's get busy and help this woman and put a little pressure on the persons
responsible for the enforcement of the laws in this area.

Can you imagine what kind of public response would have happened if this was
a dog breeder?  We need to generate some noise!

Lately Edward Lipinski has been posting and getting flamed.

Knowing the man and his love for ferrets, I can only state that I appreciate
his passion, even though I might not agree with all of his opinions, I find
him to be one of the most knowledgeable ferret minds I've ever met.

Equally, I appreciate the opinions of all who write on this forum,
(especially the "Grants, Fraziers, McIntoshs and Killians") and although I
might not agree with everything that is posted by everyone, I can definitely
feel the love and interest that we have for our wonderful animals.

That's why we have this forum, to express and hopefully, to learn!

If it seems like I'm sitting on the fence, well I am.

(how astute of you!)

Enough of me, and Amy says hi to all those great people we met at the
ferret olympics!

Take care

Michael and Amy