From:
Brian Canals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 22:18:27 -0400
I still have my foster baby Calvin.  He's getting rowdier and rowdier.  My
other two like to nap all day but Calvin doesn't like naps and does his best
to keep them up playing and fighting him with him.

Problem is, his urine started smelling stronger and stronger.  He drinks and
eats like two pigs and a horse put togeather.  Yesterday it was so strong I
couldn't stay in the same room.  Today, there isn't any smell but I'm not
sure he's urinating.  Someone has wet in the litter but I don't know who and
it's not in the same quantity as he was doing.

Ah yes, I forgot.  Earlier today, his litter box was unaccessible and he
used the tile.  The tile was wet in front of it.  I think it was from him
but one of the others could have beat him to it.  He doesn't seem bloated or
in pain.  Would the smell be an indication of a possible infection and what
signs should I look for if he has a blockage?  Would the disappearance of
the smell indicate that he is getting better?  I'm not sure what he was
eating when I got him, it wasn't the food mine ate.  He's now eating Kay-Tee
Ferret Food and Iam's kittens.  Would an increase in the protein content
have caused an imbalance in his system resulting in the smell?  Appreciate
any advice.

Additional thoughts:
Thanks to all the vets for your input in the issues, I know you're busy and
yet you let so many of us benefit from your input.

Thanks to BIG for sticking in there day after day to do the FML when I'm
sure your family and job has other things they would like to do with your
time.