From:
Brett & Melissa Lapham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:00:34 -0600
Hello all, about three weeks ago our 5 yr old boy Jasper had adrenal
surgery.  The left adrenal gland was completely removed and according to
the vet, the surgery went very well.  Well, post-op has been another
question.... Jasper needed quite a number of sessions of sub-Q fluids and
he really took quite sometime to start to pick up in energy, etc.  The
biggest problem has been that he wouldn't eat his food (Totally Ferret &
Ferret Store blend).  We started him on Duck Soup right away with treats
of Nutri-Cal to keep the calories up.... Well as I said, it has been three
weeks and I can't seem to get him to even start to go back to his regular
food.  I tried moistening his food to see if that would help, but nope, he
won't touch it.... I have tried adding kibbles of his food to the duck
soup, but he just eats around and leaves them....

On a somewhat related note, it seems that Jasper's fur is much healthier,
albeit thin across his back.  I can already see some areas around his chest
and belly that are growing back.  I have noticed that his skin, mainly on
his back is pretty dry and a bit flaky with a few small kinda orangeish
spots.... Any thoughts on what to do?  It seems to me that a while back
there was some discussion about dry skin, but I seemed to have deleted
those issues....

Thanks in Advance for any help....

Brett and Missy