From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:49:35 -0500
Hi, I just wanted to remind everyone that when we lost Wolfie about 5
years ago it was 110 degrees that whole week.  He was gone for 10 days
before we found him.  We found him around 3.30 A.M.  He was traveling at
night when it was cool.  He was eating slugs, bugs, worms and toads.  I
know this because he still has a passion for hunting them down although
he doesn't understand why I WON'T let him eat the toads.  I let him still
hunt them down so if GOD FORBID he were to ever become lost again, he
would be able to eat to stay alive until I found him and got him to a
vet.

Anyway my point is that our little fuzzbutts are soooo smart.  I'd bet
that for the most part he's finding shelter in the ditches or the
concrete tunnels that are by alot of roads etc, someplace cooler than
the daylight hours.

God Bless all our little lost, sick or hurt baby's and their humans.
Lois