From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 22:16:38 -0400
Hi everybody!  I'm still here!  Just inundated with my two new boys.  My
goodness, young 'uns keep you busy!

BAG SOLUTION
An alternative toy to dangerous plastic bags- paper grocery store bags.
They are safer, krinkly, free, and disposable.  Just be sure you don't have
a wierdo or two who like to eat paper!

BOX SOLUTION
Y'know, I thought that the boys (Gunnar the Red and Daniel Striped Tiger,
that is) were not litter trainable.  What had I done wrong?  I just bought
them two nice new corner pans.  The pans were filled with rabbit food, a
wonderful litter alternative.  I even put little "examples" in them.  So,
why the problem?  Well, a little observation made the trouble clear.  The
boys would start out in the corner pan, and then they would keep backing
around until they bumped into another corner.  It was actually kinda funny.
No matter what corner I put the pan in, they would poop in the next corner,
counterclockwise.  The corner pans did not provide them with a good
"stopping point." I neatly solved the problem by giving them a plain old
boring square pan, and they've been angels ever since.  (Well at least
angels in the litter department!) Just a thought for others who might be
having litter troubles...

A SOAPBOX MOMENT
Finally, I wanted to concurr with the many folks who have so eloquently
stated my very thoughts regarding the diversity of posts on the FML.  I love
to read every bit of the list, educational, medical, sad, happy, funny,
silly, debates, etc.  This list is our opportunity to share a little bit of
ourselves with our friends all over the country (and the world!).  Paw Paw,
please don't ever stop sharing your stories; I love them all.  Rosie and
Maxie, Paleface says he'll be wearing his finest to the wedding.  (Even the
wild weazuls, Gunnar and Daniel, will try to behave for this most impotent
occasion - serious, big eyes.) Bob C., you keep boring us with those
dissertations about Greek ferrets ; ).

And, as your mom said, "If you can't say something nice (or at least
constructive), don't say anything at all."

Gina and Paleface and Gunnar and Daniel Striped Tiger (aka Spikey)