From:
crystal mclaren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:57:44 -0500
Hi there,
I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and I am trying to find
ferret-friendly homes for my three human-friendly ferrets.  I am moving
to California in the beginning of November, and would like to find homes
for Cactus, male blaze; Kodo, female sable; and Fat Tom, male sable.
They have been seeing Dr. Kendrick at the Country Club Pet Hospital in
Mansfeild, TX.  for their vaccinations and check-ups.  They are all 2 1/2
yrs old, spayed/neutered, regularly vaccinated, litter-trained and
well-handled.  I have two cages and ferret supplies to go with them.
Cactus and Kodo are cage mates and CANT be split up, Cactus is deaf (like
many blazes, so i am told) and very attached to his "sister".  Fat Tom
was rescued over a year ago, he was living in a closet with no exercise
exept running like heck from the toddler who liked to grab his tail!  He
was so fat when we got a hold of him that you could flip him on his back
and he couldnt roll himself over!!!  We switched him to Totally Ferret
and let him run around a bunch and now he is a very handsome sleek 4 1/2
pounder!  He still does not like fast movements or stinky soaps/lotions.
Fat Tom plays nicely with females, but introduction to males should be
done slowly.  The other two would probably love to play with other
ferrets, we raised them from kits so they are not quite as jumpy as poor
old Tom!  All of them bite gently in play, but are more likely to kiss
you and eat raisins off your lap then wipe their faces on your clothes!

We love our weasels like children and would appreciate any help we can
get to find them loving, ferret-safe homes.  I never had pets as a child,
so these ferrets have made up for a lot of lonliness.  We have spent a
lot of money on thier cages, vet visits, etc.  and it has all been worth
it.  We are not charging for any of the supplies, and could possibly send
money for food every once in a while...in exchange for email updates or
pics maybe?

Ok, that is all I can type without bursting into tears, please Email me
at [log in to unmask], or call myself (Crystal) or my husband Doug @
(817) 795-3440 or call (817)343-4924.  Email would be the fastest way to
reach us.  I can't figure out how to subscribe to this mailing list, but
hopefully someone will get this message and take in my fuzzies.

Thank You
Crystal Mclaren
Doug Adamson
Cactus, Kodo and Fat Tom