From:
Lynn & Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:29:33 -0400
Just an update on our two newest babies.  We got Bootz & Daisy in May and
they have now been with us for 3 months.  Bootz was such a bully when he
first arrived, pouncing and biting everyone.  Bootz has now adjusted and
you can see a big difference in him, he is now comfortable in his new home
and plays nicely with all the others.  Daisy adjusted nicely as well, and
she isn't at shy as when she first came here.

I feel so bad for those fuzzies that are uprooted from their homes, because
they really do get sad when their comfortable home/environment is taken
away from them.  I'm so glad that Bootz and Daisy are now comfortable and
know this is their home, forever.  They were not out of their cage much
from what I understand, and when they came here they were very hesitant to
come out.  Now, they know they are welcome to come and go from their cage,
and I interact with them all day long.  Such a big difference in their
disposition, and they are so very loving.

Jack and Jill, we rescued them from a very abusive home, and didn't want
any interaction with ferrets or humans.  It took many months to win their
trust, and how they are "love bugs".  I often wonder if they still felt
like they were taken from their home, even though they were physically
abused and neglected, as that is what they thought home was, until they
came to us and saw that a home is full of love, care and no hitting.  They
are the older ones and I want to make their last days so happy for them,
knowing that they are very loved and wanted.  Jill use to flinch when we'd
go to pick her up, but she no longer does that, she comes running to us to
get that hug.

They have feelings just as we do as you all know, and that is why I often
wonder like I said if they felt like they were taken from their home, even
though it wasn't a good home, because that is the only home they knew, I
wonder if that's what they thought home was all about and how things were.
I love all 6 of our precious babies, and I am so proud to say that each one
of them are so loving, after working with them for biting problems, anti
social problems, they all now love to interact with ferrets and humans.
I thank God every day for my precious babies, because without them, this
wouldn't feel like home to me.  Please give each one of your babies a hug
for us, we send our love to our extended ferret families.

Bob &Lynn
(Taz,Sharkie,Jack,Jill,Bootz,Daisy)